Meh... No rest for the weary, as the saying goes.
I have been busy since summer school ended, trying to overhaul my classroom. I have found some small lockers, enough for two classes, I just have to haul them across campus myself (about 200 yds). I did find about 2.5 gals. of off-white paint to try and cover the flat black walls. So far it's taken about 1.5 gal to do this much:
The bookshelf only took one light coat, but those walls! I think there are 4 or 5 THICK coats and as it dries I see grey areas here and there.
This year I have a couple of different lesson plans in the works. The one I think will be the biggest hit is making a 6" square tile. I have already cleared it with the principal to start cementing their tiles to the school walls when they are finished.
Oh! Before I forget, I wanted to know how many of you would be interested in the research paper project this year. I will be giving out the assignment in August - due in September, and again in January - due in February. I will be sending out an email to every artist on my blog reading list (145 at last count) as well. Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would be interested. Thanks (in advance)!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone